Know your fruit

Today I will be letting you know about fruit and whether they are ripe or not. Avocados are ripe if they are a dark green. If they are a light or light’ish green let it sit for 1 or 2 days. Bananas are ready to eat if they are a vibrant yellow. You might see them a bit green but just let them sit for a few days, just because it is doesn’t mean it should be. Thank you for reading my story today, I hope you learnt something about fruit and enjoyed it!

Aelish

3 Comments on Know your fruit

1. Grace
    August 29, 2019 at 10:33 AM (5 years ago)

Dear Aelish,
    I really like how your 100-word challenge informs about when fruits are ripe. I like how you described the color of the bananas in such great detail.
    Did you know if you wrap plastic wrap tightly around the stems of the bananas, they won’t ripen as fast? How did you choose the fruits? Is it because you like avocados and bananas best? I love avocados.
    Please check out and comment on my blog!
    https://kidblog.org/class/7th-grade-english-19-20/posts/7jmefnk3arbyc705o8ckujhte
    Sincerely,
    Grace

Reply
  2. rhanrahan
    September 16, 2019 at 11:42 AM (5 years ago)

Nice story. Very descriptive. Could you research about red grapes and how to tell it is ripe? That would be good. I love red grapes! Nice story!

Reply